The model 1028 continuous radon monitor is intelligently designed to be fully programmable by the user. Its patented electronic detection device for measuring radon gas has been used commercially since 1986. The Sun Nuclear Corporation, Model 1028 is US EPA verified, NEHA-NRPP listed and evaluated and approved by the NRSB for use in real estate transaction testing.
About the 1028
- Large 16-character LED display guides users through an easy setup process to input the:
- Inspection company information
- State License number
- Phone number
- A real-time clock allows time and dates to be included in each interval. A 12-hour delay start can be pre-programmed to meet all proficiency program closed building procedures. The monitor will turn itself off
when the test is complete.
- Battery status displays prior to testing.
- The software program allows “read only” time and date results to prevent tampering once the
test is complete.
- Weather and test site conditions can also be added along with customer address and contact information.
- Add photo images of the monitor location in the home.
- USB cable included for Windows operating system only.
- PC software, suitable for printing reports, is included with the instrument.
- Compact printer sold separately.
- Optional carrying case sold separately.
The Information Setup Screen
On the main screen inspection page, download test results by clicking on the “retrieve data from monitor” button. View battery voltage, time and date, calibration and correction factor information. Prior to printing test results, complete customer address information and add images to your report.
Chart Detail Screen
View the chart details and check select boxes located at the bottom to add or delete information displayed
on the chart.
1028 Preferences Screen
Upon initial monitor setup, the parameters page contains the inspection company details and allows for time and date changes along with selectable picocuries or becquerel settings settings. A default PIN code 1111 can be changed to a four digit custom code to prevent others from reading or tampering during the test process. For Inspection Company setup, follow steps 1 through 3 and click "ok" when completed. The radon monitor should be clear of any test data and the display should show Start Test = 5 to allow changes.
Print Customized Reports
Print customized reports in PDF format to allow for viewing from websites or emailing to clients. If PDF is not appropriate, files can be copied to the clip board to paste in Word or Excel.
- Sensitivity: 2.7 cph per pCi/L
- Detector: Diffused-junction photodiode
- Cables: Power cord- standard 6 foot, 3 conductor cable with 3 prong wall plug, USB cable-standard 6 foot, USB connector “a” and USB connector “b”
- Computer System Requirement:
Computer: Minimum Pentium,1 free USB port, and approximately 10 MB of disk space and 128 MB of RAM
Operating System: Windows 95 or Higher.
Firmware: Factory installed in flash memory
- Measurement Ranges:
0.1 to 9999 picocuries/liter (pCi/l) or 1 becquerels per cubic meter (Bq/m3) to 99.99 kilo becquerels per cubic meter (kBq/m3)
- Measurement Intervals: 1, 2, 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24 hours
- Operating Environment:
45 to 95 degrees F
- Power Supply:
Transformer converts 120 VAVAC, 60Hz to 12VDC, 200mA
International requirements: 110-230 VAVAC to 12VDC, 50/60 Hz, 200mA
- Battery Backup: One 9V alkaline battery supplies approximately 100 hours of operation.
- Weight: 2 lbs
- Size: 9.3" x 4.8" x 2.9" (inches)
- User Interface:
Control Panel: 16 character LCD with a low power reflective display with .3” character height
Keypad: 6 momentary switches provided in a sealed membrane overlay